Vancouver, WA: Starting January 10, 2022, C-TRAN will launch The Current, a new on-demand rideshare platform that provides door-to-door service for just the cost of a bus ride. Passengers can schedule a ride online or through the new mobile app, then track their driver’s arrival, just like other rideshare services. Rides can also be scheduled over the phone by calling C-TRAN Customer Service at 360-695-0123.
The Current will replace existing Connector service, which now operates in Camas, Ridgefield, La Center and Vancouver’s Rose Village neighborhood. The Current will be available in five service zones:
- WSU Vancouver/Salmon Creek is new service zone with connections to WSU Vancouver, medical facilities, Clark County Fairgrounds, iTech Preparatory School, new area housing, 99th Street Transit Center and the Salmon Creek Park & Ride.
- Rose Village can access easy connections within the neighborhood and to select downtown Vancouver stops for easy transfers.
- Camas/Washougal is an expanded service area that now includes all of Camas and Washougal and direct connections to the Fisher’s Landing Transit Center for easier transfer opportunities.
- The Port of Vancouver is new service zone that includes the surrounding industrial area, west of the Vancouver rail yard and train station with flexible service to Vancouver Amtrak and select downtown stops that facilitate transfers to other routes.
- Ridgefield/La Center can access connections within both cities, and to the Junction Park & Ride where Route 48 will offer continued service to the 99th Street Transit Center.
Service for the Port of Vancouver operates weekdays from 5:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. All other service operates weekdays from 5:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. For more information, including how to download the app and schedule a ride, please visit ridethecurrent.com.
The launch of The Current is part of a larger January service change that affects Routes 65, 74, 105, 134, 157, 164, 177, 199, and a new Route 48. More information is available at www.c-tran.com.
C-TRAN is the regional public transportation provider for Clark County. It offers Local bus service within its Clark County service area, plus Regional and Express bus service to Portland. It also provides Connector service within the city limits of Vancouver, Camas, La Center, and Ridgefield. For more information on C-TRAN please visit C-TRAN’s website at www.c-tran.com, or call Customer Service at 360-695-0123.
Eric Florip, Assistant Manager of Customer Experience and Communication