Vancouver, WA: A new partnership between C-TRAN and Transit, North America’s leading mobility app, means C-TRAN riders have a go-to option for real-time travel information in Clark County and Portland.
Transit is now C-TRAN’s official mobile app for trip planning and real-time information. It provides a powerful tool that makes travel seamless for users across multiple modes. Among its features for C-TRAN riders:
- Up-to-the-minute arrival times for every C-TRAN route at any stop, based on the actual location of the vehicle
- An easy-to-use trip planning tool to get you to your destination quickly and efficiently
- Step-by-step directions on the fly using Transit’s “GO” feature, so you’ll know where to get on and off
- Real-time info from other transit systems and services in more than 300 cities, so C-TRAN riders are covered no matter where they travel
- Saved favorite routes and locations for easy access to alerts and directions
- C-TRAN-specific rider alerts within the app, customizable to the routes you’re interested in
- Transit is available to download in the Apple app store and Google Play. Thousands of C-TRAN riders already use Transit, and the new C-TRAN/Transit partnership adds new features that will benefit current and future users.
“C-TRAN is committed to providing the best service we can for Clark County, and that means putting the best information we can directly into riders’ hands,” said Shawn M. Donaghy, C-TRAN’s Chief Executive Officer. “This partnership with Transit makes it even easier to access our service and keep Clark County moving.”
“Partnering with a single app that prioritizes transit makes it clear to riders where they can go for information,” said David Block Schachter, Chief Business Officer of Transit. “We’re excited to work with C-TRAN to give riders a top-rated app experience to plan their trips and track their rides throughout Clark County and Portland.”
More details about Transit, including links to download the app, are available at transitapp.com.
Transit is only one of the tools C-TRAN uses to deliver service information to riders. Starting this month, C-TRAN is also rolling out a dedicated Twitter feed for all service alerts in one place. Twitter users can follow @ctran_alerts to see all service-related impacts in one place, and expanded hours for service-related tweets starting in 2022. C-TRAN will continue to use the main @ctranvancouver Twitter account for news, features and major service announcements
C-TRAN is the regional public transportation provider for Clark County. It offers Local bus service within its Clark County service area, plus Regional and Express bus service to Portland. It also provides Connector service within the city limits of Vancouver, Camas, La Center, and Ridgefield. For more information on C-TRAN please visit C-TRAN’s website at www.c-tran.com, or call Customer Service at 360-695-0123.
Transit solves the urban commute in more than 300 cities worldwide. Users can easily navigate public transit with accurate real-time predictions, simple trip planning, step-by-step navigation and quick, easy payments. The app also integrates additional transport modes—bikeshare, scooters, carshare and ridehail—so users can mix and match their options with public transit to determine the best way to get from A to B. The company is based in Montreal, Quebec. Learn more by visiting www.transitapp.com.
Eric Florip, Assistant Manager of Customer Experience and Communication, C-TRAN